Nepisiguit Work to be looked at before next season
1. Bridge near St Anne St. Need 2 pallets to plug up holes.
2. Bridge 19 about 17 Km from the Host needs relocation & rebuild
2A: Revamp signage Blue Mt Trail 19 2 & 2A DONE
3. The Line Rail Bed:
Brush cutting alders plus some Tree cutting
Culverts need to be cleaned out
Pallets to be picked up
Knights Brook: Needs to be widened.
(possibly just two long logs on either side)
Pipe needs to be installed( Lodge side of knights brook)
4. Beaver problem from Key Anacon Rd down to Red Brook shelter
5. Trail 23 from Lodge to Nine Mile: Beaver problem + inspection
and brush cutting
6. Beaver problem from Key Anacon down to Red Brook shelter
7. Trail 19 from Bass River Bridge to Jays place:
This trail needs to be widened. What is taking place is that overgrowth of trees is making it very difficult for groomers. Nepisiguit did a job on their section of trail last year to their border (just beyond Bass River Bridge to the Byron Ronald’s property). That section was cut up at least ten feet high where (and could be higher) tree limbs were over hanging into the groomer path. On occasion in years past, the Nepisiguit club would groom down as far as the highway 11, but it has got to the point where these tree branches are causing damage to the groomers. This section is in the Caraquet domain, but is not written in stone that we would not occasionally do this grooming, but until something is done with the tree limbing, this will be a problem. If someone from that area is willing to take on this project, Nepisiguit will supply the resources such as chain saws and tree limbers.
Trail 23 West of the Lodge
8. Lodge to Nine Mile: Beaver problem + inspection and brush cutting
9. Nine Mile West to Rogers Lake Lodge Trail inspection
10. Brushing required: TV Tower from Trail 23 road to top of hill
11. Trail 23 from Lodge to Nine Mile: Beaver problem + inspection
and brush cutting
12. Meridian Brook. Check culvert (gave us problems last year)
13. Red Pine Shelter: New Signage Post
15. Fuel Tanks at Governors need to be inspected.
16. Need wood for shelters. 9 mile, Red Pine, Red Brook.
Does anybody have any ideas here? ie local camp owners.
17. Wood for lodge needs to be cut and split, piled into wood shed
1. Both Groomers have been inspected and serviced with just
minor details to be performed.
#1 groomer was sent to Tracadie to install cruise control.
#2 already has one.
2. Both #2 and #3 drags have been inspected painted and are
ready for the trail
3. Major upgrade required on #1 drag plus paint